The format of play is designed so that players, men and women, will play mostly with others of similar skill levels in
competitive games. Your ranking on a ladder is based upon your winning percentage (the ratio of points won to total points possible). Players will move up or down the ladder based upon their
winning percentage. The results of the ten most recent weeks of play will be used for this calculation. We will use Global Pickleball Network for the ladder leagues which all can access
to see current rankings.
How does it work?
- You do not have to play each week. Play one week, skip another. When you come back, your playing percentage remains the same.
- You must register your intention to play by Wednesday at 6 pm in order to play in the Thursday night league. There are no "drop in" players as an even number of players is required.
- An even number of players is required - so if 22 people sign up, the last 2 people to sign up will be cut from the league play that week. When you sign up, you will be able to see if
additional players are needed - and you can call a friend and get them to sign up to make it even!
- There is a minimum of 8 registered players required for a Ladder League to take place.
- Each week, players will be placed in groups of 4 in the order of their ranking on the ladder for match play. Note: If you have not played in the league yet, it will be based on your skill
rating and likely placement based on players registered that week.
- You will play 3 games, one game with each of the other players assigned.
- At the start of the game, players will decide who starts serving first. Each person must be the first server at some point.
- Each game is to 15 points, win by 1 point. Maximum points to win for the evening is therefore 45 points. At 8 points, you will switch sides so that sun, wind, do not impact the game.
- Your personal score is recorded on the score sheet after each game.
- The Ladder Captain (Adam Archer) will collect all scores at the end of the evening and enter the scores and post the ladder percentages in the following days.
- If weather looks to cancel the league play, an email will be sent out to the participants and put on Facebook and GroupMe to announce its cancellation. You will need to sign up again for
the next time you wish to play.
All USAPA rules will be followed for play as in a tournament. If you are not familiar with the rules, GET FAMILIAR and look over all of these rules on our website HERE. If any dispute about a call, the Ladder Captain will determine the call or ruling.
League Play Times:
League play will take place on Thursday evenings starting at 6 pm at Oak Park Pickleball courts in Onalaska, WI.